It is very important that you do this homework:
- Complete Test 2 in the Red Book except the Writing test (see below for writing tasks).
- Do the vocabulary, reading and grammar in Unit 7 of the Coursebook.
- Revise Units 1 to 6 - especially the vocabulary lists at the back of the coursebook.
- Writing Part 2 - in Test 2 of the Red Book, do the Part 2 writing REPORT. You can email it to me at the email address I gave you in class. Please email it BEFORE 1 JANUARY. I will then be able to mark it and send it back to you before you return to class. Thank you!
- Writing Part 1 - Here is an example question for an informal letter giving advice (Part 1 of your mock exam). Please do this and email to me BEFORE 1 JANUARY.
- You have received the following letter from your English-speaking friend. Write your letter giving your advice and opinion in response to his/her questions.
.............Thanks for inviting me to stay with you when I visit your country next month.
I'm not sure how to get to your apartment from the airport. Could you write back giving me some basic instructions? What would be the best method of transport for me? I'd prefer one that isn't too expensive!
Just one other thing - what will the weather be like when I get there? (Just so I'll know what clothes to pack!) .........
- Write your letter of reply to your friend (around 120-150 words).
And, if you want more practice and you have time, or are feeling bored:) , here are some more things you can do:
- Click here for some extra Use of English Word Formation and Sentence Transformations created by ELI on the ELI FCE Blog.
- You can watch the speaking videos on ELI FCE Blog. Click here.
- There are more exercises on Flo-Joe.co.uk, and other websites listed on the ELI FCE Blog. Click here.
Username - helcol
Password - nervion
This seems like a lot, but spread out over two weeks it is not very much, and a little less then what you would have to do if you came to class.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!